The Nursing Assistant program is designed to train students in all of the relevant aspects of long term patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Completion of this program prepares them to sit for Certification as a Nursing Assistant. Students will demonstrate their skills base in a 40 hour clinical practice at a Home Health Care Institution. After completion of the Program students will take the State Exam to became a Certified Nursing Assistant.
The exam is taken at School.
Informacion en Español
COURSES INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM
- Safety, Sanitation, and Emergency Procedures
- CPR-Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HIV/AIDS Education
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology & Medical Terminology
- Law and Ethics in Patient Care
- Patient Care Procedures for Nursing Assistants
- Post Operative Care
- Rehabilitative & Geriatric Care
- Nursing Assistant Externship